A senior level business analysis (BA) is required for Torrent’s leading role bringing the newest technology to FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program. The senior BA is an active participant in all phases of the product lifecycle. Additionally, they are required to work closely with both internal and external business constituents and ensure all business requirements are agreed upon, adequately documented and ultimately delivered by the development team. This individual acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working directly with both the subject matter experts and the Product Manager. The primary focus will be to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design in which a developer can deliver the appropriate software.
Areas of Responsibility
- Liaison between the business community and the development team.
- Translates customer high-level requirements into formal business requirement documents (BRDs) and functional specifications for the development team and manages changes to such specifications.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business owners and developers from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Possesses expertise in the business operations and functions.
- Strong understanding of the development team’s systems and capabilities.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
Technical & Relevant Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive business analysis experience supporting medium to large sized projects.
- Effective use of business assessment and modeling tools.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize, execute and deliver assignments on time.
- Effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to relate to all levels of management and employees.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be creative and able to reset priorities and use resources to meet changing needs and goals.
- 5+ years experience developing distributed, N-tier web applications.
- 3+ years experience developing in .NET, particularly ASP.NET and C#.
- A conceptual understanding of development technologies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
Work Location / Travel Requirements
- This position in based in Kalispell, MT.
Join the Torrent Team
Torrent is always seeking top-notch professionals who thrive by contributing their best.
Torrent is presently seeking qualified candidates in the following areas: